Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just thinking!

Happy Sunday!!
I am sitting here pondering what I should do today. There is laundry to be done, School work to be done, dishes to wash or just sit here and ponder. I think I will ponder.
Last night was a wonderful night for my son Isaac (who has recently been diagnosed with Aspergers, That is another blog) had a boy/girl party. As you all probably know I was a nervous wreck. I was scared to death that no one would show up. But the did we had about 30 kids, they danced (not with each other, of course) and there was NO DRAMA~~~ It was wonderful, he even got enough $$ to buy himself an IPOD touch. He was so happy and that in turn makes me so happy. He has had a rough go at it and to see him smile and to tell us thank you and that WE ROCK!
I have many things I want to blog about but I do not want to bore anyone! So for today I will leave it at that. I am still working on my list. Tomorrow's blog will be about forgiveness.


1. Lose 40 pounds before I turn 40
2. Join the gym
3. Read a book every month
4. Let go of somethings that I can not change
5. Forgive
6. send birthday cards
7. Take dance lessons
8. Go to Savannah with my husband!
9. spend time with my parents
10. Go on a hike and not die!

11. splurge on an I Phone!!

12. spend more time with my friends

13. make sure my friends know how much they mean to me.

14. start writing a book (I have no idea what it will be about)

15. have more patience

16. Spend more time with my boys by themselves.

17. Eat something new

18. Start bike riding

19. Write my sister a letter to let her know how I feel.

20. Come to some peace with things that I have carried with me for 17.5 year

Chat with you all soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi JD...or do you prefer Julie now?

    How old is your son? Just on what I know about you in reading it sounds like he couldn't have a better mom to advocate for him and love him right where he is at!

    I was married to a man who's son has Asperger's. He was dx while we were married. Luckily his mom was very diligent in making sure the school's worked with him and they got him into a great program that helped "maistream" while maintaining the grade level he needed to be at.

    I believe Bryce was about 7 when he was dx. It was hard because other kids were not nice. Luckily he had a good relationship w/ my kids so that helped "buffer" things.

    I am keeping up w/ your list and love the "dance lessons" idea. Ballroom maybe?? Keep us posted on how that pans out.

    Do you remember practicing together on your front lawn for cheerleading tryouts? LOL...that was fun :)

    Love you!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    my son is 13. It is a constant battle every day, but we will win. Thanks for asking. this is such a great place to connect!

    ReplyDelete