Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ok I will try this!

I am expecting this to be a great year. I am excited to be turning 40. Of course there are some things in my life that I wish were different or wish I could change, however I will not dwell to much on these things. God has blessed me over the years and I am so excited to see what he has in store for me as I continue my journey.
Not only am I turning 40 in 2010 I will also be celebrating my 20th anniversary of being married to my high school sweetheart. We have experienced many adventures over the past 20 years and I can not wait to see what other adventures we can find.
I will also start a list of 40 things I hope to accomplish over the next 11.5 months. I am a little apprehensive to list them here for fear that I do not exceed but I am going to jump right in! So here goes nothing.
1. Lose 40 pounds before I turn 40
2. Join the gym
3. Read a book every month
4. Let go of somethings that I can not change
5. Forgive
6. send birthday cards
7. Take dance lessons
8. Go to Savannah with my husband!
9. spend time with my parents
10. Go on a hike and not die!

So that is a start! This journey will be fun and I can not wait~

3 comments:

  1. Awesome JD ... very awesome! I can't wait for this journey together, either. I think we are going to learn a great deal about ourselves and each other!
    Here's to turning 40!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard JD! It's going to be a great journey. I am so looking forward to this year. I love your #5. Forgiveness is something we all need to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are great! Glad you are blogging! I will add your link. I have a 40lb goal too, not going to be easy - hopefully we can all encourage each other through this entire process!

    ReplyDelete